If the beauticians did not master the basic operation techniques when learning eyelash grafting in the early stage, then they may make mistakes due to wrong habits and methods in the actual operation in the later stage.
Today, I will discuss with you the basic techniques of eyelash grafting. I hope it will be helpful to those who are new to eyelashes or those who are interested in eyelashes.
How to hold tweezers
- The tweezers are the hands of the eyelash artist. Only by using the tweezers correctly can the perfect eyelashes be grafted. How to use tweezers correctly?
- The common way to implement international standards is to hold one in the left hand and one in the right. (A golden feather clip for picking and a dolphin clip for splitting hair,) Some people also like to hold it with their left and right hands.
- When using tweezers, use three fingers to hold the tweezers, the thumb, and middle finger to hold it, the index finger to assist, and the little finger and ring finger to support, forming a triangular fixed tweezers gesture.
- When using tweezers, the strength of the two hands should be evenly distributed. The force used by the fingers is commonly known as “yin force” in the eyelash beauty industry, not deadly force, so that it can be easily grafted and avoid mistakes caused by excessive force.
- Clean and disinfect the tweezers before and after each use to prevent the growth of bacteria. Because the tip of the tweezers is very sharp, the tweezers enter from the front of the customer’s forehead towards the tip of the eyelashes during the operation and be careful not to pierce the skin and eyes.
How to use glue
- For a perfect pair of eyelashes, in addition to good techniques, the usage of glue is also very important. Let’s learn how to use glue with Mr. Juyimei.
- Wake up the glue: Shake the glue left and right for about one minute to fully integrate the glue. Do not use the first 2 drops of newly opened glue.
- Glue dripping: vertical glue dripping, fewer drops, and frequent replacement, it is recommended to replace it every 15 minutes.
- Glue: It is recommended that the amount of glue to be taken when grafting a single hair is preferably at 1/3 or not more than 1/3.
- Storage: The glue is suitable for storage at a temperature of 10-25°C and humidity below 30%. Putting it in a cool and dry place together with a desiccant can prolong the effective life of the glue.
How to use the sticky eye
According to the curve of the eye contour, cover the lower eyelashes, and the pupil must not be touched in the process.
- Measure the size according to the eye curve and stick it from the tip of the eye or the front of the eye.
- The position close to the eyes, the inner corner of the eye should not exceed the bridge of the nose, and the outer corner of the eye should not press the temple.
- The pasted eye patch should be in line with the curve of the eyelashes. Gently lift the upper eyelid with a cotton swab, and use a small adhesive tape to press down all the lower eyelashes.
Tips: If the eye patch is applied with the customer’s eyes closed, the customer’s experience will be better, but if the eye patch is applied incorrectly, it will irritate the eyes and cause tears, etc., tattoo artists must pay attention!
Separation of real eyelashes
During the operation, the customer’s own eyelashes are separated with tweezers.
- Use an eyelash comb or tweezers to straighten the eyelashes one by one, which is beneficial to stick the eyelashes to your own eyelashes one by one.
- In order to avoid multiple eyelashes from sticking together and to graft one or more eyelashes, the tattoo artist needs to grasp the direction one by one (the direction of the tweezers that only separates one real eyelash).
- The better you can grasp the separation direction of real eyelashes, the smoother the operation will be.
People’s own eyelashes have 2 to 3 layers, and a few people have 4 layers of eyelashes. Start with the lowest lash layer, so that the lashes will not be deformed after the operation.
Pulling and clipping of eyelashes
Holding the tweezers in one hand, practice pulling out the eyelashes one by one.
- Pull out one eyelash, and use tweezers to clamp the pulled-out eyelashes in a 45-degree oblique direction.
- Clamp 2/3 of the eyelashes, slowly raise your hand and pull out toward the eyelash artist.
- Clamp the eyelashes with tweezers for the operation.
Tips: When curling the eyelashes, if you use too much force, the eyelashes may bend and deform, so the force must be moderate. If the lashes are reversed or not on a slant, the lashes may be bent when the arrangement is complete.
To become a professional eyelash beautician, professional theoretical knowledge and superb technical ability are indispensable. Eyelash beauticians still need to work hard on the road to learning~